Friday, April 29, 2011

Still trying to figure out the best tools

I had hoped to get this blog up and running faster than what it is.  What I'm really struggling with right now is finding the right tools and appropriate time and place to sit and write stuff.

The right tool conundrum stems from the fact that I don't really have something that will allow me to sit in a relaxed position to write stuff and come up with ideas. I was really hoping the iPad 2 was the answer,  but it's pretty difficult to type long bits of text on it. I don't really like sitting at a desk and churning out words on a screen. I'd really prefer to be lounging on a couch in a relaxed position as I type and formulate content.  I don't think the iPad form factor is really conducive to this form of writing.  Maybe a NetBook is the answer???

The second issue is that I really have to find a place in my home to sit down and be isolated enough in order to collect my thoughts.  The only place I can think of is my Man Cave in the basement. I've gotta make more time to get down there.  There's a good $15k worth of home theater stuff down there and I rarely get time to enjoy it.  With 2 young kids, most of my time at home is spent playing with them and doing various activities.

I'm sure this will get better as time goes on.  I'll be off to various electronics stores this afternoon looking at various small form factor notebooks to at least address the "Right Tools" issue.  Updates to come in following posts.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment